Monday, April 18, 2016

What is this I?



Siddhananda: Okay, here’s the next one (showing a pointy jade-green crystal).. (pausing with closed eyes).. Okay, all I hear with this one is “I, I, I," resonating in my heart.

G: Okay, what about this I?

Siddhananda: I just keep hearing “I, I, I. . . I, I, I”

G: Mmm hmm.

Siddhananda: Lot of “I’s” (chuckles), that’s it!

G: So, they can say : “What is this I?”

Siddhananda: Okay, as soon as they started that, it cut that “I, I, I, I.” [cycle]

G: Right. They know that 'they are', okay, so let's find out that they know that 'they are not' (laughing softly). “I know that I exist,” but, they need to find out what is at the heart of that existence.

Siddhananda: Right

G: And it's not that “I” that they’re taking it to be.

Siddhananda: Yeah. So, that is penetrating... “What is I" and then there’s nice long gaps with stillness.

G: Right. So, we’ll let them continue with that (placing hands together, palms outwards and then waving them apart), “what is I.” They know that they exist, “Well, I know I exist, I, I, I, I,” but, they need to break through, “what is that I” and break through that (gesturing by gently raising fists on either side and then pulling them down)  and find the heart of existence rather than that persona of existence.

Siddhananda: Yeah. It almost seems like that energy just got (inaudible) and that’s going to cut it [and] break that last little hold of that circular I, I, I. There were no other thoughts or images with it, it was just that.

G: Right.

Siddhananda: So, good! (setting the stone aside). Thank you.

G: I think that people get stuck in that “Who am I, who am I, who am I,” and then they get to that point “Okay, I exist, I exist, I exist,” (waving hand up and down several times). There’s “I, I, I, I exist, I exist, I exist.” So, then they have to cut through that, (waving hands gently apart, palms outward) “what is that I, what is that I, what is that I.” And then it breaks through that solidification, yeah.

Siddhananda: (Nodding) Yeah, and that’s what was happening there, leaving much more stillness in between that, rather than that constant “I, I, I.”

G: Right.

3 comments:

  1. Feeling stillness when reading. It's pointing directly to it. Thank you. Omm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Namaste - nice post on "What is this I?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always a great pointing to hear, thank you...Om

    ReplyDelete