Sunday, December 27, 2015

Spiritual Paths


Siddhananda: This is a nice pretty rock. I just kind of want to show you the rocks we’re working with (showing a white rock with some yellow edges). Can you see? (having trouble getting the stone in the viewfinder but eventually finds it) Oh man! I can't even see my own hand, but it's pretty… it’s clear with a little kind of gold on the edges there… (closing her eyes, focusing inwards) Ok, so, single heart, single mind... Umm... Ok, so, do you have any questions for us today? (pause) I think they’re [asking]… I think, at least, what I'm hearing is, [they're asking] what brought both of us to the path? Umm, is that… let me reflect that back.

G: Aha.

Siddhananda: Or, I think, [what they're asking is] in general, what breaks someone down enough to bring them [to a Path]… how does that process happen for some and not for others to, you know, someone who would walk a path of more surrender, Kundalini, I mean, why do some not and some do?

G: Why do some walk the path of Kundalini and some others... other paths, or…?

Siddhananda: Well, I guess, it's kind of like, why does... now I'm kind of feeling some of those kind of austerity kind of practices… not practices, but paths that are so hard and kundalini being one. But why would some kind of awaken there and go in that direction and not others? What is the difference between that?

G: Yeah, I think part of it that I know in this life, I went through a lot of lifetimes with a lot of heavy, heavy suffering, a lot of pain and a lot of trauma… And also, wanting to progress to the quickest way I could to know God, to know what is... and so, when you have a lot of trauma, it is in a way, a left handed blessing because then you are ready to surrender... totally… to surrender.


And I think because at that point, you can understand more of the path of Christ. [In] my own existence, I asked to walk that path... and you'll understand his surrender and his walking in his pain and the temptations he went through and all of that, it's umm… there’s just something more familiar (pause)...something more familiar.

Siddhananda: Aha, makes sense... um, let me ask if that's [what they were asking about].. (pause), I believe that's it, but they kind of asked about mine [too]… All that I can say is it’s similar in terms of a lot of suffering and asking to aid humanity or being, I guess... the way I asked is [for] being used for humanity's sake (laughter). I mean, I don't want to say for anyone else to do that, I had no idea what that meant, and that just came. I think these things, when they're ripe they come, and from whatever past practice and heart opening work of many, many lives and umm.. just kundalini… you know, lots of manifestations and phenomena and that kind of rose out of that heart opening and desire to aid humanity, but also to be out of suffering.

G: Aha.

Siddhananda: So... I didn't really know what was going to come, I didn't know... I didn't have that kind of foreseeing at all. I'm glad I didn't (laughter) because it hasn't been easy.

G: (laughter)

Siddhananda: Yeah, I had no idea... I really didn't know what I was doing with all that, and what all that was really going to mean. So, anyway…

G: Yeah, I think different people are called to different paths depending on their energetic makeup and things as well, so…

Siddhananda: Sure, sure, absolutely!

G: Kundalini is not only a Hindu thing; it comes through a lot of paths. There are a lot of a contemplative nuns and things that have kundalini awakenings, that have… it goes through the holy spirit, one could say the holy spirit. So it runs like a thread through a lot of the paths, the Sufi path, other paths. But I think each is drawn according to their nature and according to their past experiences, what would best serve to move them forward to the light of God, that's all.

Siddhananda: Aha, and they’re saying thank you. They just, they wanted to know, maybe they’re just beginning to kind of listen. They don't really know what all… where they’re at totally, they just wanted to start kind of listening and learning.

G: Yeah, all you have to do… the main thing is just to be sincere in what it is you're seeking.

Siddhananda: Be honest, correct.
 
G: And honest and sincere if you want to know God, then that's what you put out there. If you want to aid others that's what you put out there, no matter what it is your heart's desire is, then don't be surprised if it's, if it umm, turns out to be a very difficult road.


Siddhananda: That's the thing.

G: Yeah.

Siddhananda: I mean, be open to that, you don't know… maybe a really long thing, and maybe shorter.

G: Exactly.

Siddhananda: I mean, no one can say, but just to be open, and not have [any notions like] I need to have it this way or that, because (shakes her head)…

G: Because you don't always know the lessons that you need.

Siddhananda: That’s right.

G: In order... if you’re going to aid humanity, you're going to have to do some very hard lessons.

Siddhananda: Yeah.

G: Because, unless you understand what they have gone through, unless you had that experience you cannot give them aid, so…

Siddhananda: And they’re saying wow! but, thank you for saying that because it sounds like a big responsibility.

G: It is... it's a huge responsibility.

Siddhananda: Aha.

G: But, not everybody has to take that path. But, when you do, just understand that you're in for a very rough ride and you will have some very, very hard, hard lessons to go through in order to have the clarity to aid and guide others. That's it, it's not a fluffy yellow brick road. (laughter)

Siddhananda: And I'm seeing a fire (raising her hand to illustrate rising flames)…

G: Yeah.

Siddhananda: …saying like a fire burning…

G: Yeah.

Siddhananda: Almost like a... almost with me, it is.. I don't.. hey, I'm just here, but it's encompassing my body, like kind of burnt your body mind kind of thing.

G: Yeah, it burns the body and mind.

Siddhananda: And the identification.

G: It burns away the dross.

Siddhananda: Yeah.

G: It does. It's like the Bible says, it refines the gold, and to refine gold you have to burn away all the things there that are not gold.


Siddhananda: Aha.

G: So, all the impurities have to be burnt out, so yeah.

Siddhananda: They’re saying "intense."
 
G: It's very intense, yes. (laughter)


Siddhananda: Yes, it is... so it is something just, you know... know that it's not a soft cushy road, it's if you want that, then that wouldn't be the way, maybe just stay grounded in more just regular stuff, you know.

G: Yeah, I think a lot of people think, well, if I'm on the path to know God then everything should be cleared away for me...

Siddhananda: And loving, loving…

G: It should be loving… (mocking tone)

Siddhananda: Oh boy!

G: And I shouldn't have any troubles in life… and everything should be swept away clear for me.

Siddhananda: Because I'm so loving.

G: Because I'm so loving... no it's not. (laughter)

Siddhananda: No way, not even close!

G: Not the way it is, no.

Siddhananda: You don't know all of the past stuff that needs to be cleared. No one knows that stuff.

G: Exactly, all the dross has to be burnt out.

Siddhananda: Yeah.

G: All of the impurities have to be burnt out, so yeah.

Siddhananda: Things you're not fully aware of.
 
G: Yeah.
 

Siddhananda: So it's a time process, you know.

G: Yeah, many, many lifetimes. (laughter)

Siddhananda: Yeah, but just… it's good you're asking the question and getting clarity. So, thank you for that…

G: Yeah, thank you for coming. Namaste. (hands in Namaste gesture)

4 comments:

  1. Namaste- this is a great piece that really explains things about walking spiritual paths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Namaste, great message. Very appreciated here. Fire can burn no doubt. It's better that way. Om shanti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Namaste/\ Surrender is such an important tool to move forward...in beginning will want to be at the helm wanting to steer the ship but no way jose that it's gonna be that way hahaha- nope not gonna work that way. And the stuff that's gonna come up won't be pretty- it will be pretty embarassing at times haha. Can laugh now about all stuff went through but it is definitely no fun and no picnic when its happening. Having GuruG's practices were a saving grace to move through the unexpected rough parts of the journey. Thank you, GuruG! And thank you Sages, Saints & Sadhakas : ) /\

    ReplyDelete
  4. Namaste- Always a good thing to hear what the path truly intails..,.Om

    ReplyDelete